ProActive Pets Terms & Conditions
1. ProActive Pets, hereafter known as the ‘Plan’ is designed to allow for monthly payments, in advance, for treatment administered at intervals over a twelve month period. In consideration of the payment by the signatory, hereafter known as the ‘Pet Owner’, Goddard Veterinary Group agrees to provide services under this ‘Agreement’ as described in practice literature and in accordance with the Goddard Veterinary Group's terms and conditions.
1.1. Annual renewal of the Plan’s membership is deemed automatic unless the Pet Owner advises otherwise. Should products included in the Plan be dispensed at the time of the annual booster twelve months following the commencement of the Plan, this Agreement will automatically roll into another year and a further twelve contractual monthly payments will be due.
2. This Agreement is exclusive to the Pet Owner and is non-transferable between pet owners. It does not cover the services of any other veterinary practice. This Agreement may be transferred between other participating Goddard Veterinary Group practices.
3. The Plan is for preventative healthcare only as described in practice literature and does NOT replace the need for a comprehensive pet health insurance policy for all treatments/medications/services not included in the Plan.
4. Products and services included in the Plan will only be provided at the mandatory examinations in accordance with 6.1 at your Agreement Venue.
4.1. Goddard Veterinary Group is entitled to suspend the provision of products and services should any payments remain outstanding.
5. Products, services and discounts offered under the Plan have no cash alternative.
5.1. Any additional services or discounts offered may only be available for a limited period and may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
5.2. Prices for neutering offered under the Plan cover the routine surgical procedure only and will exclude any complications that might arise including: due to pregnancy, disease or developmental abnormality. Similarly, any additional procedures offered under the Plan will cover the cost of specific routine procedures only and will exclude any additional cost associated with the investigation and treatment of any underlying disease/condition or complication.
5.3. The discounted price for Kennel Cough vaccination offered under the Plan requires a risk assessment by the Veterinary Surgeon, in order to comply with current vaccination guidelines.
5.4. Additional flea and worming treatments for puppies and kittens included in the Plan will only be dispensed at the discretion of the veterinary surgeon and will only be included in the Plan for members under the age of six months.
6. It is the Pet Owner's responsibility to:
6.1. Attend the Goddard Veterinary Group practice for their pet’s mandatory examinations and check-ups as provided by the Plan, within one month of the due date of examination.
6.2. Utilise the benefits included with the Plan and you shall not be entitled to any refund in respect of unutilised benefits.
6.3. Inform the Veterinary Surgeon of any injury, conditions or other relevant matters affecting the pet's health generally.
7. The Pet Owner may terminate this Plan at the anniversary of any twelve month Agreement period by giving not less than one month's notice.
7.1. Goddard Veterinary Group may amend or terminate this Agreement by giving to the Pet Owner not less than one month's notice.
8. The monthly fee will be payable by Direct Debit to Goddard Veterinary Group (or its assignee or nominee who collects the fee on behalf of the Goddard Veterinary Group). The Pet Owner will be liable for the monthly fee until this Agreement is terminated in accordance with your Terms of Contract (Debit Finance Collections plc)
8.1. Goddard Veterinary Group may terminate your membership immediately should your account at any Goddard Veterinary Group practice fall into arrears.
9. Goddard Veterinary Group may increase the monthly fee on a periodic basis and will give one month’s notice of such increase.
Value Added Tax will be charged at the prevailing rate.
Goddard Veterinary Group may increase their charges on products and services outside of the Plan at any time.
10. We hope to ensure you never have reason to complain about the standards of service received from us. However, if you wish to make a complaint regarding the service you have received from ProActive Pets, this should be in writing or by email to email@example.com. You may also request a copy of our complaints handling policy.
11. Any dispute arising under this Agreement will be submitted to arbitration under the Arbitration Act 1996 at the joint cost of both parties.
11.1. All Notices served under the provisions of this Agreement must be in writing and sent to Goddard Veterinary Group or the last known address of the Pet Owner by recorded delivery post.
12. Goddard Veterinary Group reserves the right to make reasonable changes to these terms and conditions
Data Protection and Privacy Statement
Goddard Veterinary Group treats your privacy very seriously and takes great care to comply with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 to protect your personal information, including any financial details that you provide.
Goddard Veterinary Group will use your personal information to administer the products and services that you have applied for, such as the Plan. This includes any information obtained from or shared with the treatment provider (i.e. the veterinary surgeon or veterinary practice) and given the very nature of the products and services you have applied for this also includes personal data relating to your pet's health.
Your information will be used to administer the Plan and to provide you with marketing information, patient reminders and benefits. We may need to disclose or share your personal information with insurance companies, loss assessors, regulatory authorities and other fraud prevention agencies for the purpose of fraud prevention and to comply with any legal and regulatory issues and disclosures.
We may also disclose or request your information from any agents, contractors, suppliers and advisors that we engage in providing our products and services but only on the understanding they will keep all information confidential and comply with their obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us and or other Group companies please telephone us on 020 3657 4888 and we will remove your details from our marketing database.
If you have any questions about the way Goddard Veterinary Group uses your personal information or believe our records are inaccurate, you should write to the Goddard Veterinary Group, Claygate House, Manor Road, Woodford Green, Essex IG8 8BX.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
- If there are any changes to the amounts, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Goddard Veterinary Group will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Goddard Veterinary Group to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Goddard Veterinary Group or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to you must pay it back when Goddard Veterinary Group asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us at the same time.